To get the solution, we are looking for, we need to point out what we know.
1. We assume, that the number 50 is 100% - because it's the output value of the task.
2. We assume, that x is the value we are looking for.
3. If 50 is 100%, so we can write it down as 50=100%.
4. We know, that x is 98% of the output value, so we can write it down as x=98%.
5. Now we have two simple equations:
where left sides of both of them have the same units, and both right sides have the same units, so we can do something like that:
6. Now we just have to solve the simple equation, and we will get the solution we are looking for.
7. Solution for what is 98% of 50
(50/x)*x=(100/98)*x - we multiply both sides of the equation by x
50=1.02040816327*x - we divide both sides of the equation by (1.02040816327) to get x
now we have:
98% of 50 = 49